Wednesday, August 4, 2010

First day of school

That's right, we start school 'round these parts while it's still the middle of summer! That's what it feels like, anyway, especially with the temperatures easily still in the triple digits every day. This year the kids are in a charter school. I've been extremely unimpressed with the public schools around here, so we decided to try a new charter school this year. I'll let you know how it goes. A big plus -- the kids have to wear uniforms! I love it! Another plus -- this school teaches all the kids the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People and make it a core of their curriculum. I've heard great things about it from friends who've had their kids in it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Don't those uniforms look sharp?

Evi seemed really excited about school until we actually got there. Then she looked like she was going to puke. She told me she was feeling a little shy. Poor girl! She was pretty nervous! I stayed with her until they were done with flag ceremony and went into their classrooms. It must have been a good day because when I went to pick her up, she was happy and smiley and said she liked her new school and new teacher. Phew!
Easton had no problems at all. He has a friend in his class that used to be in our ward at church. They were hamming it up in line waiting for flag ceremony to start. He's such a social kid.

Did I mention all the kids have Spanish class every day? And they'll actually be able to use it around here! Hee hee!

3 comments:

Elisa said...

Ok, it's too early to start school!! Their uniforms are so adorable! And I'm so jealous that they are in Spanish everyday! That is so awesome! I hope the charter school goes well.

Brynn said...

awww! Evi is looking especially grown up!

esmiley said...

Love the uniforms! They both look so big though--and so much like you!