So, this is what I've been dealing with the past week and one of the many reasons I haven't had a whole lot of time to keep the blog updated as often as I'd like.
Thankfully I wasn't hurt. And it wasn't my fault. I just happened to be the first car at the red light. The accident happened in the cross traffic and the truck involved ended up flipping and running into the front of my van. It was pretty scary. I saw the wreck happen and saw the truck flipping towards me and I knew he was going to hit me. A couple feet more and he would have been through my windshield. Yikes.Supposedly, the little Nissan Z that ran the red light was being driven by a teenager. He ended up in handcuffs. Rumor has it that he failed a sobriety test. And the driver of the pickup had a suspended license. So neither of them should have been on the road. Grrr.
Anyway, my Odyssey has been declared a total loss. Which means we're looking for another van. Which means I have to go through the whole car buying process much sooner than I was anticipating after doing it for Todd's car, which was such a headache. And I've been dealing with insurance companies for the last week. Neither our insurance or the Nissan drivers' insurance is willing to get us a rental car because they haven't determined who's liable yet. We have an attorney in our ward who begs to differ and has been coaching us on what to say. I'll keep you posted on how it all goes.

5 comments:
Ohhh Nooo, Kristi! Sounds you are OK now though. I'd been looking forward your blog to being updated since you did it last. I was so shocked and surprised with the photoes of the car accident! Were Todd and your kids in the car then?
Hope all of your complicated procedures get settled down smoothly soon. Take care and luv ya!
how scarey. glad you are all ok. good luck with the insurance stuff. such a bummer, so sorry.
Oh man, I'm so glad you are ok! I hate being in accidents!! We are looking for a new car right now also and we are struggling, I hate buying a car.
wow! glad you were not hurt.
yuck, yuck, yuck. It's times like these that I hate being a grown-up the most. I just hit a deer recently and that was bad enough dealing with the insurance company. Luckily, Kevin rode his bike to work for the week the car was in the shop so I used his car. I'm just glad you weren't hurt. Good luck!
Post a Comment