What a fun and eventful week!
It had a crazy beginning, with our first attempt at an IUI (intra-uterine insemination) on Sunday morning. We're hoping it worked! The 1st counselor in our bishopric is my OBGYN, so he was there doing the procedure and then had to rush over to conduct sacrament meeting! That was pretty funny! I tell ya, you get over being embarrassed pretty quickly after all the tests and questions and samples associated with secondary infertility. And just to make it even funnier, I had to rush straight over to church after my mandatory 20 minutes of laying down so I could substitute teach in Relief Society. I couldn't help laughing in my head while I was standing in front giving the lesson, thinking, "If you sisters only knew what I just went through, and who did it..." It should make for a funny story some day.
On Monday and Tuesday we were busy getting the condo in tip-top condition for a showing (yep, the last contract fell through, so it's back on the market again), and on Wednesday I made four homemade pies (apple, apple-cranberry, and two yummy cheesecake pumpkin pies with pecan struessel topping). Mom and Dad Thompson and Whitney arrived Wednesday night. It was SOOOOO much fun to have them here!
On Monday and Tuesday we were busy getting the condo in tip-top condition for a showing (yep, the last contract fell through, so it's back on the market again), and on Wednesday I made four homemade pies (apple, apple-cranberry, and two yummy cheesecake pumpkin pies with pecan struessel topping). Mom and Dad Thompson and Whitney arrived Wednesday night. It was SOOOOO much fun to have them here!
Thursday was full of cooking and getting ready for the big meal. I made the turkey with the help of Todd and Mom T. (I still have an aversion for raw poultry, so I was able to convince Todd to take out the giblets and rinse it, and shove the butter under the skin. What a good little hubby he is!) It turned out delicious, so I'll probably use the recipe from now on. We all ate too much and took naps, then we woke up and started on the pies!

Friday, Todd, Whitney and I braved the early-morning cold to elbow our way into Walmart at 5 am. Why I still do this, I don't know. It's very stressful! But we did get all the Christmas shopping done for the kids, so that's something to check off the list. In the afternoon, we braved the Walmart crowds again, this time with the kids, and Mom T. bought way too much cute stuff for the kids. Then Mom and Dad T. took us all to see "Enchanted" (go see it! You won't be disappointed!).
Saturday was more shopping, DVD watching, Christmas decorating, and fun conversation. Saturday night was no fun. Almost everyone came down with a stomach bug, so we were all up several times during the night. Evi puked on herself in her bed at 3am, so Todd and I had to shower her off and remake her bed with clean sheets. I was still feeling pretty cruddy the next day, and so were Mom and Dad T., but we couldn't convince them to stay an extra day to recuperate. So they drove the 9 hours back to Rexburg while sick. That had to have been an awful trip!
But even with the puking, it was a very fun week, and we LOVED having family here with us to celebrate.



5 comments:
Here's a prayer for you that the IUI takes and your dreams come true. Hugs. :)
I love thanksgiving and cooking and family all around. It is wonderful. :)
We really enjoyed the time we weere with you. we made it home fine, though we both agree that it wasn't fun. Everytrhing was in good order. Phyl iwas down Monday. i left earlky so I don't know what her plans are for today. It's temple day. I think she'll nbot miss that. Hope Evi is better and that Todd and Easty don't get sick. I'm feeling much better. Again, it was fun being with you.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you...I'm glad you can keep such a good sense of humor about IUI. I have to admit, it would have been tempting to just bust up laughing halfway through your lesson.
Your Thanksgiving sounds delicious and fun (but not the being sick part)...mine was still good even with my grandmother passing away. I should be finishing up posting pictures of our trips soon.
p.s. I made a cranberry apple pie too!
Sorry to hear that everyone got sick...what a bummer! The pics of your turkey look way good! What a gourmet chef you're becoming! I have yet to brave a turkey...I've seemed to luck out so far. Charli loves looking at your blog and seeing all the pics of her cousins!
Post a Comment