We'll, we've made it out of Moscow and are spending a quiet day in Rexburg recharging our batteries for the two more days of driving ahead of us. It's been a tiring week, both physically and emotionally. It was heartbreaking for me to leave such good friends, and I'm sure it hasn't sunk in all the way yet with the stresses of moving still in the forefront. I'm betting a horrible case of homesicknesses will hit about a month after we get to AZ.
A million thanks to all the friends and family who have helped us so far. I'm overwhelmed by the love and support we received, and I know there's no way the packing and cleaning process could have gone as smoothly without all the help. The twins are thanking you! Their mom feels rested and healthy, and I know it could have turned out much differently!
We had one couple (who will remain anonymous so I don't cancel out their blessings, but you know who you are!) come early in the day on Wednesday and helped us pack most of the heavy stuff. I feel bad that we sent them home sweaty and with sore muscles. You guys are awesome!
My wonderful visiting teacher (again, no name) came and picked up the kids and watched them all day for us while we packed. It was so much easier without having kids underfoot. Thank you, thank you!
We had several guys for the elders' quorum, and one of their wives, come and help finish packing the truck. It went so much faster with so many hands to help. Thank you!
Some of our wonderful friends cooked us dinner on Wednesday night so I wouldn't have to do it. It was nice to take a break, eat some wonderful food, and enjoy their company one last time before we headed out. And Todd loved that it got me out of the house, which ensured I wasn't tempted to work anymore. It was hard to say good-bye at the end of the night. We love you guys!
And I would be horribly inconsiderate if I didn't thank my amazing mom-in-law and sister-in-law, who took time off work and traveled long distances to help finish the packing and the cleaning. There was no way I would have been able to finish that all on my own. I married into the most wonderful family in the world!
Friday, May 16, 2008
AZ, here we come!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
We can't believe you are gone! YW was so different with out you! We will really miss you!!!
The Thompson's are good peeps, aren't they?
Glad you guys made it out safely and hope you settle into AZ well!
Good luck you guys. Moving is always stressful, but I'm sure you have many friends waiting in AZ that you don't even know about yet. And a lot of heat :) Get there safe! If you need to stop in Utah, you know where come!
Wow! I can't believe you already moved...that means I move in 2 weeks! Yikes! Let's just hope that we are as blessed as you were with helpers and such.
Post a Comment