Monday, May 26, 2008

Getting settled in

These two pictures just crack me up! Easton was super-excited to ride in the big moving truck. He's been looking forward to it for months! Evi is very bummed in the picture below that it's not her turn. The minivan just isn't as interesting.


We've been in our new house for over a week, and I decided it was way past time to put up a new post so our friends know we're still alive and kicking. The house is still not all the way put together. I think it's bugging Todd more than me, which is unusual since I HATE to be disorganized. I just don't have the extra energy to care much about it. I guess I figure it'll get done eventually.

The drive was long, but there were no accidents (although we saw some scary near-misses. Some people need to go back to driver's ed for a refresher course!!!), and all our stuff arrived in good condition. Thanks to my wonderful mother-in-law who made the entire drive with us. There's no way Todd and I could've done it on our own. We pulled in to AZ on Sunday afternoon, and my brother-in-law, sister, mom, Todd and my mother-in-law single handedly unloaded the whole truck in a little over two hours! I was told to take all the kiddos over to my sister's house and babysit while reclining on the couch. I was too tired to protest.
We're starting to get used to our new surroundings, although we do miss Idaho and all our friends. I've posted some pictures below of our new place.
Our cute little house, home for the next year or more.


Our new friends, who live in the wall in our backyard. The kids like to chase them, but haven't caught them yet. They're fun to watch running up and down the wall.



The kids enjoying the neighborhood park.



Easton, Todd and "the lost boys" as I'm going to start calling them. They're a group of boys around 8 years old who wander around the park, with no parents in sight. When we showed up with Easton's stomp rocket, we were instantly the most popular people at the park. Easton enjoyed meeting new kids, although I'm sure they were more interested in the rocket instead of him. Ah, the painful lessons of childhood.

6 comments:

esmiley said...

Hooray! Thanks for posting. I've been dying to see how all was fairing in AZ. Your house is super cute...and it seems like it's in a fun neighborhood too. Good luck getting everything organized.

KMDuff said...

I just hope you don't find any of those lizards inside like we did all last summer. Yuck!

Idaho Penningtons said...

It sounds like you are all doing well! Your house is so cute! You can keep the lizards!!

Original Kos said...

The house looks great. Reminds me of Gav and Linds's NM pueblo. They have tons of lizards out there. So exciting that you've got your place!

Elisa said...

Well, I'm glad to know you got there safe. You're house is super super cute and it seems like a great aread, lizards and all! Good luck getting everything organized, that always takes awhile.

Jodi said...

Yay, you made it there! Moving is the biggest pain in the butt - I'm glad you survived. Moving while pregnant is even worse - you're one tough little momma. We are expecting another move in the next few years and I'll bet I'll be pregnant for that one also!