Thursday, June 5, 2008

Birthday, ultrasounds, and lollipops!

It’s been a great week! Monday was my birthday, and it was a good one! Todd out-did himself this year and got off work early to pick up an Edible Arrangement made out of chocolate-covered strawberries. It was the perfect present for a pregnant wife whose appetite is going through the roof!


It was so fun to get so many birthday wishes from friends and family. I am truly blessed to have so many loved ones.

On Wednesday I went in for another ultrasound. I’ll be having one every month from here on out. It was great to see my girls! And everything checked out; the girls were measuring right where they were supposed to be weight-wise, and I was showing no signs of pre-term labor. Whoo-hoo! I’m so grateful things are going well so far. Here are a couple of facial pictures of them. They look a lot like Evi did in her u/s pictures.




My energy level has been decreasing again, which is normal for a twin pregnancy in this stage. I feel lucky to get more than one thing on my list done during the day. I’ve been trying to get to the grocery store since Monday, and finally had enough energy to do it this morning. The kiddos had to come with me, and I was not looking forward to trudging through Super Walmart with kids, especially if they decided not to behave. Normally, I’m not the kind of mom who bribes her kids, but as we walked into the store, the kids saw huge, brightly colored lollipops in the checkout lanes. I told them if they were extra good, I’d let them have one when we were done shopping. It took me about an hour (those stores are HUGE!) and the kids were awesome the whole time, so they each came home with a lollipop the size of their head. Easton had his devoured by dinner time. Evi still has a fourth of hers left to gnaw on tomorrow. And I got a really cute picture out of it. Definitely worth the $1 a piece price tag!


4 comments:

Angiegirl said...

Oh, wow. Will would go nuts over one of those lollipops. The chocolate covered strawberries look delicious as well. So glad to hear everything's on track with you and the girls!

esmiley said...

Good to hear everything's going well. And I think pre-arranging the lollipop deal sounds more like a reward than a bribe. Bribes are usually more desperate (like after the kids are already losing it). So you were just rewarding good behavior. And to me that's GREAT parenting. But then again I can justify almost anything to get through Super Wal-Mart trip with kids.

Original Kos said...

Go June Birthdays! Those chocolate strawberries looked awesome. So glad you're healthy and the girls are healthy.

rockstar said...

Hi Kristi!
I finally got around to checking out your blog! I hope you are all well in Arizona. We miss you in Moscow.
Kari