Monday, July 14, 2008

California Vacation

We had a busy and FUN week! We traveled to La Jolla, CA to visit my parents, celebrate my little brother Rick's mission homecoming and meet my new niece Samantha. I haven't had my whole family together like that in several years, so it was a great time.

We spent some time on the beach.


Evi, my dad, and my brother Rick (he's cold -- still used to the hot and muggy weather in North Carolina)



Evi, Easton, and my nephew Boston.

Easton, Rick, and Boston (thanks, Rick, for being such a good sport and playing with your nieces and nephews for hours on end!)


My sister Janece with Samantha on her lap, my brother-in-law Aaron, Easton, Boston, and my niece Charli.



We went to Disneyland!


with Mickey Mouse.

The kids really liked this roller coaster. They went on it at least three times. I got to watch from my rented wheelchair. No pregnant ladies allowed on any of the fun rides.

Turkey legs! Yummy! Definitely not my most flattering picture, but I guess that's what happens when you hand the camera over to your hubby.

I don't think Rick liked Easton's driving on Autopia. Easton had a great time, though!


My sister Brynn holding Samantha, Charli, Ariel, and Evi. All the girls went to a Disney Princess lunch, where we ate yummy food and all the grand-daughters got to meet and take pictures with Ariel, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Jasmine, and Belle.



All the girls after our Princess lunch. Janece, Brynn, Samanth, me, my Aunt Cathy holding Evi and Charli, and my mom on the end.



The boys felt a little left out, so we let them take a picture with crowns, too. Rick, Todd, my dad, Aaron on the bottom left, Easton, Boston, and Scott.



Yummy ice cream! Better enjoy it, because those suckers cost almost $4 a piece! (I wonder how much the park takes in during one day on tickets and concessions....) Evi, Charli, and Boston (don't you love Boston's "Nemo" hat? That's what he picked out as his souvenier.)



We had fun getting to know Samantha.

Evi wanted to sleep with Samantha, so Uncle Aaron put Samantha in her sleeping bag just long enough to take a picture. Isn't she the cutest little baby ever??? We were drooling over her all week! The nieces and nephews were very excited to have a new cousin.


Uncle Rick holding his new niece. Aren't they both so cute?!



And we had so much fun just spending time together at the house with each other.




My mom, Charli, Evi, and Easton making fresh squeezed orange juice. The kids loved helping Grammy and Poppy in the kitchen.




Boston and Poppy making blueberry pancakes.


Thanks, Mom and Dad, for the wonderful vacation! What fun memories!

4 comments:

gogokari said...

How fun! My kids have asked once a week for the past month when we are going to Disneyland. We're going to have to break down and go soon.
I LOVE the pic of you with the turkey leg.
Kari

Original Kos said...

I love love all the pictures!

ashley said...

Finally you are starting to show. My gosh, you seemed tiny forever. You look soo good though!! I love the photo with you eating...it made me laugh!! You are good sport to put that one up for all to see. Looks like you guys had a great time in Ca. and what a wonderful experience for your family and your brother!! Do you guys have any names picked yet? Are you all set up and ready to go for the twins? Keep in touch!!

Screwed Up Texan said...

Okay, so totally dont hit me, but my husband said the turkey leg pic looked like a baby (the turkey leg that is). I just got a really good laugh, b/c I had never looked at it like that before.

:)