I'm 36 1/2 weeks along today. Yippee! I was hoping that I'd be able to get them this far. I had a doctor's appointment today, and he said if I started labor, they wouldn't try to stop it. I also had a non-stress test (they hook you up to a bunch of monitors and watch the babies heart rates, my heart rate, my blood pressure, and monitor contractions). I'm having contractions about every 8 minutes that last 1 1/2 minutes. Nothing uncomfortable and definitely not painful, but I can tell when I'm having them. So it looks like things are progressing, although I'm not dialated or effaced at all. So who knows. Could happen tonight, could happen two weeks from now, although I don't think my doc will let me go much past 38 weeks. So they should be here in the next week and a half. I'm packing my hospital bag and trying to get the house organized before all heck breaks loose. I know I'm not going to be getting anything done once the girlies get here, and since I'm not trying to avoid labor anymore, I'm going to get as many things checked off my list as I can.
I thought it would be fun to document what I'm going to miss and not miss about being pregnant. Right now I just want these girls out, but I'm sure when they're a week old or so, I'll be wishing they were still inside! Hee hee.
Things I Won't Miss About Being Pregnant
* Being able to eat without getting heartburn (I can't even have water without my stomach feeling like it's going to explode!)
* Being able to shave my legs and paint my toenails without Todd's help.
* Being able to get dressed without it feeling like an Olympic event. I literally have to lay down for five minutes to rest!
* Not having to go to 2-3 doctor or hospital appointments a week. The money for gas really starts to add up!
* Being able to wear non-maternity clothes again. It's getting to the point where I want to burn all my maternity clothes!
* Being able to get more things done on my list. Maybe I'm a little too optimistic, because moms I've spoken to with twins say they don't get much done except taking care of the babies. At least that's more than what I'm getting done now.
* Being able to finally hug and snuggle my little girlies!
Things I'll Miss About Being Pregnant
* Feeling the girls kick and squirm around in there.
* Being able to eat whatever I want and not feel guilty about it. (The other day, I had a Whooper, two Dunkin Donuts, and a bowl of full-fat ice cream. It was heavenly, although I did have horrible heartburn that night.)
* Knowing I'll never be able to protect my girls as much as I am now.
* Being able to rest as much as I need and not feel guilty about it.
* Being able to tell anyone who asks how excited I am about having twins! (I'm worried that once they get here, reality will set in, and then I won't be so excited. I hope not.)
* Not having to spend money on clothes. I've been wearing the same 5 maternity outfits for the last 3 months! Not very fashionable, but it is frugal.
* Having Easton and Evi hug my belly and tell me how excited they are to meet their sisters.

7 comments:
Ahhhh, wow! I'm so excited for you. It's so amazing that you're having twins. Can't wait to meet them in the near future.
I'm so glad you've made it this far! Those girlies are going to be healthy and happy! That end part is always sketchy, you want it (them) out, but you know its much more work once they get here! And much more so with twins. But its so exciting to get to know them, and your other two are going to love it! How exciting. We will be awaiting the big news.
I still eat donuts, icecream and hamburgers all in one sitting...which is probably why I can beat you at a flabby tummy contest. Although I do have to say that it is really nice to NOT have the heartburn afterwards! (Yes, I too remember the hearburn episodes after drinking water.)
You are so cute, Kristi. I loved the part about getting dressed being an Olympic event. It made me laugh. I'm sure it is incredibly hard work carrying around the weight of the twins on your little frame. :) I hope all goes well with the arrival of the twins. They are very fortunate to have you as their mama. Everyone in Moscow can't wait to see pics of them. :)
You're darling! I'm excited to hear all about the events that are going to be happening in your house the next couple weeks!
Hooray for making it "full term!!!" You look amazing! I hope I look that great at 36 weeks with my one! :o) I also love your maternity shirt, even though you claim you want to burn it. What a great list too. It's true that pregnancy is definitely a double-edged sword. There's so many nice things about it, but also so many not-so-nice things that make you actually WANT to go through labor!
Cute picture and comment-lists. You are funny! I am excited for you. YAY!! I can't wait to see those girlies either. Good Luck!
Post a Comment