Tuesday, August 5, 2008

First day of school, and more ultrasounds

Can you believe that the kids start school down here on August 4th? I've never lived somewhere that starts this early. It was a rocky day for me. I had a hard time just dropping Easton off and leaving him there for 7 hours. Part of my anxiety was that he wasn't at this school last year, so he didn't really know where he was going, and the other part was that this elementary school is HUGE! All the first grade classrooms have their own building. I was worried he'd get lost in all the confusion, and I wouldn't be there to help him. All my fears were confirmed when I tried to pick him up. He wasn't at his alloted pick-up spot, even after 15 minutes of waiting and the flow of students leaving had all but stopped. I was getting a little panicky. I had to park my van and waddle around the huge campus in 100+ degrees looking for him. Thank goodness all the teachers and staff were so helpful. We were able to find his teacher, who still had Easton with her. I guess she hadn't reached the drop-off area I was picking Easton up at until after I had left. Easton didn't seem upset by it at all, but I have to admit that I almost started crying when he came running down the hallway to give me a hug. Darn pregnancy hormones! I'm usually not a weepy person, but I guess there's something about letting go of your oldest and realizing you can't shelter him as much anymore.

The countdown to the twins is almost over! Anytime in the next month, they should arrive. I've been having weekly ultrasounds and non-stress tests to make sure they're doing okay in there. It's fun to see them so often! I even got some 4D pictures of them yesterday. I know these pictures can sometimes look like a bunch of abstract shapes. I have a hard time deciphering them myself. So I put in some text to make it easier for you to make out their little faces. The first picture is twin A, the second picture is twin B, and the third is twin A kissing twin B on the head. I can't wait to meet them!





7 comments:

Kristin said...

What a sweet first day of school pic of Easton. It's hard to believe how fast time goes by with little ones. Glad you found him safe and sound. :) The 4D photos of the twins are really neat. How exciting!

Original Kos said...

I have a hard time seeing the baby in the ultrasound pictures too. Thanks for the diagrams on them. So happy for you!

Teresa / Andy said...

Kristi!!
Todd emailed me a link to your blog, and I've really enjoyed catching up with all that's happened since you left Moscow. I sure miss seeing you guys!
I hope everything goes smoothly for the remainder of your pregnancy, and of course delivery. I can't wait to see pics of the twins!! :)
Tell Evi and Easton hi for me.

-Teresa

p.s. check out our blog at atheitmann.blogspot.com

KMDuff said...

Wow, time for the twins already! And Aug 4th? That is early. Wow.

Just Only Me said...

What a big boy Easton is! He looks so grown up. You're in my thoughts as the big day approaches!!

Idaho Penningtons said...

Sounds like things are going well! We can't wait to see you!

ashley said...

Awesome pics...I am dense though and can barely see the parts. Good thing I am not a technician. I am surpised to that you guys start school so early. Do you get out earlier as well? I am excited you are about to pop. I wish I was popping sooner, but i guess it will happen soon enough. I am glad you found Easton, I actually got a little teary reading that part too...amazing isn't it how your body is soo hormonal when pregant. Good luck this month!!!