Wednesday, June 2, 2010

A whole lot of changes

I've been neglecting the blog lately. It's been a rather unsettling last couple of weeks, and busy, busy, busy! It's still busy, but at least I feel like I have things a little more settled in my brain. Enough at least to hopefully write a coherent post to let everyone know what we've been up to.


I've been called as the new YW President in the ward. Talk about feeling overwhelmed and under-qualified! I've spent a lot of time on my knees and in the temple trying to wrap my brain around my new responsibilities. It's a lot to keep organized and be in charge of! And Girls Camp is 3 weeks away! I just hope I can learn to run the program the way the Lord wants it to be run, and be the most worried about how He thinks I'm doing and not what others think.

Other big news: Todd was laid off from his job last Friday. We kind of saw it coming, but thought he'd survive this round of lay-offs. Thankfully, we've been working on back-up plans for the last couple of months, so we were prepared. Todd will be doing freelance web design from home until the market gets better for architecture, all the while looking for possible openings in firms he'd like to work for. We have no debt, some money saved, and a year-supply of food. I can't begin to tell you how wonderful it feels to have peace when the rug gets pulled out from under you. I'm so grateful for inspired counsel from our prophets.

No picture this time around. I know that's what everyone likes the most, so I'll work on taking some cute ones.

2 comments:

ashley said...

been there kristi...still there sorta! it is a blessing to be prepared though. i hope things work out soon for you guys. have fun in yw and good luck, you will be awesome!!

Teresa / Andy said...

wow! That is a lot to adapt to rather suddenly. You two are amazing. I'll be thinking of you!