After our very wet night, we headed to the park. I had only been there once several years ago with my best friend Emily as we were driving out to BYU, and I was looking forward to seeing it again.
We decided to see the arches that were only a short hike since we didn't think the kids were up to long hikes that morning.
The Sand Dune Arch was only a quarter mile from the parking lot. You had to walk through this rock formation to get to it. It was neat!
The kiddos really enjoyed climbing all over the rocks to get to it.
I felt lucky to see it in such a pristine condition. Since it had rained the night before and we were one of the first people there that morning, all the sand underneath it had no footprints and was perfectly smooth.
I felt a little bad taking this picture and messing up the sand.
It was only a short hike to another arch nearby, so we started down the trail thinking this was going to be the last arch we would see up close.
About two minutes after I took the picture above, Easton tripped and fell into a bed of cactus.
He had cactus spines in his arms, legs, and bottom.
We had to turn around and go back to the van to get my tweezers and spent the next half hour pulling spines out of him. Poor kid. I ended up making him change out of his pants in the parking lot and just threw them away. There was no way I would be able to get all the spines out of them.
By this point, Todd and I just looked at each other and started laughing. It was either that or start crying. We knew we wouldn't be able to stay much longer at the park with the heat and the schedule to get home at a decent hour since the kids started school the next day. So we took as many pictures of the park as we could from the van and decided we'd have to come back when the kids were older.












No comments:
Post a Comment