I've been trying to keep myself busy this past week while Todd's been busy with final projects. I get lonely without him around, especially if I don't have a lot to do. So I got out my cookbook and decided to try candy-making. It's been a lot of fun! I've tried toffee, chocolate caramels, truffles, and fudge. I didn't like having all that candy just sitting around the house, (I never realized how much sugar and fat are in homemade candy! It's staggering!!!) so I put them in cute little Santa tins I got for half-off, and now I have little gifts to give to all my friends at church.

I also found a really cute pattern at JoAnns for a dress coat, and since there was a sale this week with 60% off all their brocade fabric, I splurged and got some. I spent all day yesterday sewing it together (with my new Bernina sewing machine! Yes, I got it....Merry Christmas to myself!) and I think it turned out really cute! So I went back today and bought some more fabric, this time a really pretty black brocade with a dark bronze pattern, and I'll make another dress coat, only this time I'll make it waist length instead of knee length, and with 3/4 sleeves instead of full-length.
3 comments:
congrats on your new sewing machine :-) great job on the dress coat. it looks fab. yummy treats!!!
Wow! Look at all those projects! Nice coat! :)
I'm impressed! And congrats on finally getting your sewing machine. And then further congrats on using it right away! Your post also inspired me to make some homemade toffee for Kevin before we left town.
Post a Comment