Thursday, December 27, 2007

Merry Christmas!

It's hard to believe that Christmas is over already. We've been waiting and excited for months, especially since we convinced my mom and dad to come spend it with us. We had a fun time! I took too many pictures, so I've include a slide show at the end of this post so everyone can see them.

Mom and Dad came in late Friday night, so we didn't get to see them until Saturday morning. We dropped the kids off at their hotel for breakfast and swimming while Todd and I went in for another IUI. (Great timing, right?) The kids had a blast with Grammy and Poppy, and Todd and I were even able to sneak in a breakfast date while we waited for the doctor. The rest of Saturday was spent shopping and watching "Alvin and the Chipmunks" (thanks for the movie, Mom and Dad!).

Sunday we got to show Mom and Dad off to our ward. It was a fun block of meetings, complete with homemade cinnamon rolls during Sunday school.

Monday, Mom and I got to go shopping while the kids swam again, and then we made Christmas candy and cookies and cooked the Thompson's traditional Christmas Eve breakfast-for-dinner. The kids reenacted the nativity story before bed, and after setting out milk and cookies for Santa, we were finally able to get them to bed.

Christmas morning started out great with a phone call from my brother Rick, who's serving a mission in Raliegh, NC. The kids were amazingly patient -- we made them wait over an hour to open their presents until we were done talking to Rick. I don't think I would've been that patient when I was their age!

All the excitement and sugar finally caught up to Easton by the time he was done opening presents -- he came down with a headache and stomachache for the rest of the day. It made for some pretty funny pictures! We'll be keeping them for blackmailing purposes...

3 comments:

Christy {The Girl Who Ate Everything} said...

Hey, I'm so glad you said hi. I hope you guys had a good Christmas. I had no idea you were doing IUI. That's gotta be stressful. I just know what my sister Susan went through and I can't imagine the emotional rollercoaster. Your kids are so cute! We'll have to keep in touch!

esmiley said...

Great pictures! I loved sharing these with my mom. How fun to have your parents there this year.

KMDuff said...

What a fun looking christmas! :) Looks like a blast! Great photo slide show!