Well, after my last post a couple weeks ago, things went downhill for a while. We were at the pediatrician's office three time in two weeks. They were on such a great schedule, and then they both decided they didn't want to sleep. They'd go the whole day without a good nap, even though I could tell they were exhausted. I finally took Kylie in and got her some zantac, too. She was starting to show all the signs of GERD a week after Olivia was diagnosed. So I have two little girls with GERD. Yikes. And Olivia was doing great for a while, then got fussy again. I tried her on a soy formula, which I think she had an allergic reaction to. She got a rash, was super gassy, and on top of it all, they both got a nasty cold with lots of snot and coughing that made it hard for them to breathe. Needless to say, there were a couple of episodes involving me, in the closet, with the door shut, crying just as hard as the babies in the next room. It wasn't pretty. But things are better this week. The colds are gone, the new, non-soy formula for "fussiness and gas" seems to be helping Olivia, and Kylie is sleeping at least 7 hours straight at night, sometimes longer. Olivia still gets up every 3 to 4 hours. But it's getting manageable. They usually go right back to sleep after eating.

7 comments:
Hang in there!
Life has a way of exposing all our weaknesses!! I am so glad this week is better!
I am so sorry. I feel your pain. I remember when I had the three kids and sometimes I would go in my closet and cry...and they weren't even babies staying up all night and day and having GERD. I am happy to hear you are doing better though and that you are starting to figure out what is wrong so you can tackle the prob. Hope things stay on the upturn!!!
Wow. Super Mom.
It seems there is always someone sick when your kids are little, glad things are looking up! We found out that Todd's mom's sister (Gayle) was great friends with my mom when they lived in Pullman. I ran into Todd's cousin Lisa- who I was best buds with in 5th grade. Small world, we are all connected!
Glad to know grandma is coming soon! Enjoy each day!
I second what the stratton family said.
Nice outfit!
Glad to hear you are surviving, Kristi. Very cute photo of Evi.
Post a Comment