I'd been worried for weeks about how it would all go down. Two babies. On a plane. For hours. My hands would start to sweat just thinking about it.
Thankfully I didn't have to do it alone. Janece came with me. We each held a baby on our lap. (Infants fly free on your lap. Could you imagine if I had to pay for THREE plane tickets??? Shiver.)
Tender mercies were apparent the whole trip. We each had an empty seat next to us to lay a squirmy baby down. All the people around us were folks who had come up to us at the gate beforehand to goo at the girls, and they all had kids. The flight attendents were actually nice and helpful. In fact, all the United Airlines personel were nice. I know, shocking! And there were helpful travelers all along the way. The nice man who unfolded the stroller for us in Louisville since our arms were full of tired babies. The huge Russian-speaking Samoan-looking dude who sat next to Janece who held Olivia's bottle for her. The non-english speaking East Indian woman across the aisle who was my extra set of hands. I was amazed at how many people were willing to help us. We must have looked like we needed help. Shoot. I like to think I come across as pretty independent.
Someone upstairs was watching out for us, that's apparent. It got me thinking about all the tender mercies I enjoy, so I've decided to start keeping track of them on this blog in the upper-right hand corner. I'm so blessed. More than I deserve.

2 comments:
This post may give me the needed courage to attempt flying with Anne by myself in a month and a half. I think someone is mindful of mom's during these stressful times.
way to go!! i don't blame you for being worried, but i am glad you had some wonderful people around you to help! it is amazing how much kylie looks like todd. i just noticed that!
Post a Comment