I haven't been posting much lately, mostly because I have so many thoughts swirling around in my head that I'm sure most people would find very dull and not worth posting about.
I have this gut feeling that things are going to get really bad before they get any better. So many things seem to be coming to a head. The economy is tanking. Todd might get laid off. The Church's name is mud after all the negative media attention surrounding Prop 8. Evil being called good, and good evil, etc etc. So many things spinning out of control, and everyone knows what a control freak I can be sometimes. It's enough to keep me awake at night wondering how I can shelter my kids from all of it.
The only thing that's been keeping me positive is focusing on the small things in my life that make me happy. Like how my heart feels like it's going to explode from happiness when my babies look me straight in the eye and smile at me. Or how Easton beams when we tell him what a good job he did on his latest spelling test. Or the funny things Evi says. Today we saw some older folks riding bikes on the walking path, and Evi said, "Momma, how come only old people who are starting to die are riding bikes?"
Anyhoo, I'm trying my hardest to have faith that everything will turn out all right. I know someone upstairs is watching out for us, and as long as we do our part, He'll do His. I have to keep telling myself that.
And I have to buy more wheat.
Thursday, February 5, 2009
Finding joy in simple things
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Kristi, I have the same anxieties about the world. It's a really tumultuous time and it can be hard not to get overwhelmed by it all. I wish you guys the best of luck. It's difficult feeling like you're just waiting to find out about a layoff...so stressful. But I understand!
The twins are so gorgeous. They are each so distinct looking.And so chubby and cute!
You know what, you make me feel so much better for being a control freak.
Personally, I always judge myself and my writing. However, I cannot seem to know when to stop. I have litterally a hundred stories at any given moment that I could write down and have a hay-day with. The only thing stopping me is Photoshop b/c I like to have good pics with the posts. NOT dull pics like the Paint one you saw. :(
I've gotta about 35 gallons of wheat. The problem is baking bread. Mine turn out like hard, condensed bricks. Not even my neighbor's dog will eat it. I cant seem to master how to make whole wheat bread and the sisters in my ward are not much help either. They either dont know how to do it themselves or they "don't have the time" to teach someone else how to do it. So, I sit with 7 five-gallon buckets of wheat that I can't do anything worthwhile with.
I LOVE the picture of the girls! They are soooo cute! I can't wait to see them!
I need some wheat too. Maybe we should buy a farm....:)
Hope things work out with Todd's job. Things are scarey right now. It's hard not to be overly concerned for our little ones. I agree that it is comforting knowing that as we do our part, we are constantly being watched over. :D
Post a Comment