We ended up celebrating the twinners' birthday on Saturday night with cousins and my mom and dad, in between watching the BYU game. It didn't go quite the way I expected it to.
Kylie refused to wear her princess birthday crown. And it looked so cute on her!
Olivia was a little more willing, although it didn't stay on for the duration of the fiasco that followed.
The victims: two minature 3-layer cakes with pink frosting and chocolate frosting polka dots.
Kylie making another attempt to remove her crown.
Mom, what are these? They look like scary pink sea creatures!
Surprisingly, Olivia was the brave one and took the first bite.
I don't think she liked it very much. Maybe it was too sugary?
Mom, next time try homemade frosting and cake from scratch. This is sub-par.
It's fun to smack, though. Look at it fly all over Aunt Janece's kitchen! Yipee!
Kylie looks on with a mixture of horror and fascination. Oh, the carnage!
Mom, make Livy stop!!!
Take that, you foul box mix cake!
Phew, I think I killed it, Mom.
Meanwhile, Kylie hasn't touched her cake.
This is as messy as she gets.
Take it away, Momma! I don't like it!
I think Olivia got two bites out of her cake, and the rest ended up in her hair, her lap, and all over Janece's granite countertops.
















4 comments:
My oldest got cake all over the kitchen too on his first birthday...but he was sick and it was more in the form of throw up.
LOL. Well, sorta.
TOOOOOO funny! Love the different personalities and your own play on the poor cakes (which were cute!)
That is too funny! I don't think the one year old birthday party ever goes as planned for some reason! Mia was totally sick for the first time in her life and didn't want her cake at all. We'll see how Sam's goes in 5 months! Congrats for making it a year as the mother of twins. You're superwoman!
You are incredible (those cakes were so cute!) Here's a big Happy Birthday to the girls. Congrats - you survived the year. Can't wait to hear more.
Hugs!
Post a Comment