Todd came home with a car tonight. After almost two months of looking, we finally found something that fit our needs and our budget (which kept shrinking the more we thought on it. Who wants a huge car payment?)
So, you ask, was it a Civic, an Accord, or an RSX?

Answer: None of the above! We went with a 2005 Mazda3.
Todd's pretty excited about it. I'm just glad to be done with the whole thing. Hopefully we won't be in the car buying business for another 8-10 years. What a pain in the neck!
And here's a true story: I took the car for a ride after the kids were in bed tonight, since I hadn't driven it yet and I wanted to see where all that money went. I wasn't in the car for more than 10 minutes when I saw flashing lights in my rearview mirror. No joke. I got pulled over! I haven't been pulled over since, I can't remember when! It might have been my first time. I guess our temporary tag wasn't showing well through the tinted window, so the cop thought it was a stolen car. I think the cop felt sorry for me, because he told me as soon as I rolled down my window he knew I hadn't stolen the car. He ran our temporary tags, looked at the title which just happened to be in the glove box from earlier that day, and recommended we put the temporary tags in a ziploc bag and tape it where the license plate should be. Then he told me to have a nice night. Too funny! What are the odds???
No comments:
Post a Comment