Tuesday, July 13, 2010

10 year anniversary

While we were in San Diego, Todd and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary with a trip to Sea World. Since we got a kid ticket for free, we took Evi along with us. Easton stayed home sick with Grammy and Poppy and the twins.

Those of you who have known me since I was a kid will remember that I wanted to be a marine biologist or whale and dolphin trainer when I grew up. I chose to be a kid and husband trainer, instead, and have no regrets! But it's still fun to go to Sea World and see all the cool things.

Todd and Evi had fun petting the sea stars in the tide pool area.

It's still amazing to me that they can get those huge Orcas to do those tricks.

The sea lions were fun that day. They were very animated and would come right up to the side of their enclosure and bark at you.

We also got to see penguins, dolphins, sea otters, sharks, fish, polar bears, and beluga whales. And we summoned up enough courage to pet the bat rays, which look a lot like sting rays. They were huge and slimy! I guess they thought we had paid the $6 for fish to feed them, but we were cheapskates and just pretended we had fish, and they came up to us anyway.

No comments: