it's Super Bee! Easton was really excited this past weekend, because he got to bring home Super Bee. Super Bee goes home every night with a kindergartener that was "super" that day, and Easton was a super worker last Friday and got to bring him home for the whole weekend. It tickles me to see how enthusiastic he is about school, and I just hope it stays that way for as long as possible.
It's been interesting to watch him interact with the other kids in his class. Granted, I only get to watch as he's waiting in line to ride the bus, but he seems to be a very social kid. I guess I was pretty social too at first, and got more shy as time went on. I hope that doesn't happen with him.
On a different note, I've found a new "toy" to drool over this past week. My little White sewing machine is about to give up the ghost, so I've been researching new ones online. I want to get one that will last forever, so I started looking at Berninas after reading tons of reviews. I even went to the Bernina dealer to test drive one. I'm sold. If only they weren't so expensive!!! And I'm not talking about their top-of-the-line fancy embroidery model (you know, the $7500 model that runs on Windows and can embroider anything you can imagine -- can you imagine spending that much on a sewing machine?!?!), just their basic sewing machine that's one step up from their bottom-of-the-line. It's a tenth the cost of their top-of-the-line, but that's still a lot of money for us. Todd is willing to let me splurge (he's conceded that this is comparable to his computer purchases), but I'm still reluctant. Maybe I'll be able to justify it after we close on the condo. :)
Thursday, September 13, 2007
It's a bird, it's a plane...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I think you should slurge...but I agree I would hesitate too if I was making a similar purchase. But a nice sewing machine is sooooo worth it! And you've always been a good little seamstress!
Great pics, kids. We are getting ready for the third annual Sibs reunion at Bear Lake. Phyl and I have the FHE. I'm thinking about making it on Memories. It's not all planned out but I have ideas. Phyl is bringing breakfast. Your kids and animals are great!
Post a Comment