Evi started preschool this week. She's so excited to be a "big girl" and go to school like Easton. I was worried that she'd be a little hestitant to be left by herself with a bunch of people she didn't know, but just like Easton, she plunged in with no reservations. She loves dressing up and playing in the toy kitchen, working with playdough, and pouring and measuring water at the water table. It's a great little preschool; it's the child development lab up on campus at U of I, so her lead teacher is a grad student in childhood developement, and the four or five assistant teachers are undergrads. They do a really great job. She's also enjoying being picked up by her daddy and going to the woodshop for his furniture-making class for about a half hour while I'm busy getting Easton to kindergarten. She has her own little Disney Princesses lunchbox with snacks to keep her occupied and let daddy concentrate in class. I think it makes her feel very grown up! 
On the downside, having two kids in school, one in the morning and one in the afternoon, means my days are a lot busier than they used to be. It seems like every time I try to get something done, I'm interrupted by the need to go drop someone off or pick someone up. This is bad news for a person who enjoys having everything happen in a very linear fashion. I'm hoping that it'll all become part of my routine and I'll learn to work around it, but the first couple days have been a little rough!
Friday, September 7, 2007
Evi's off to preschool!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
She looks so grown up! Good luck trying to figure out your schedule too...I have a hard time when my day gets interrupted frequently. I think that's one reason I'm not the best phone-talker. I have a hard time dropping everything to chat if I'm in the middle of a project.
Post a Comment