Okay, well the title sounds really enthusiastic, which is kind of deceiving, because it's not fun at all. It's scary and new and unpredictable, which is something I don't deal very well with. Not to mention all the research you have to do to find architectural firms you think your husband would even like to work at. And then you need to look into whether you'd mind living in that city or town, and if it's affordable on a starting salary, and whether the schools there are up to your standards. And is it close to family? Because we've been so far away from everyone for almost four years now, and it's more fun to be able to drive to family within a reasonable time frame.
So I went to the library with the kids on Monday (made me feel like a good mom) and let them pick out three books a piece, and then led them over to the self-help section and picked out three books on writing resumes and cover letters. (Todd has been SUPER busy the past couple weeks. Don't know why -- what's so hard about going to school full-time and working full-time??? Ha ha. So he asked me very nicely if I wouldn't mind helping him out on this.) Anyway, the books have been my reading material the past couple of days, and it's been pretty dry. What's more aggravating is that the books are more geared towards businessmen and accountants and such, so they don't give you very good tips if you're an architect. It's a weird field that's somewhere between engineering and art. It's hard to blend those two -- they're like perfect opposites! So that's my project for the next couple of days. I can't wait to get it over with!
Thursday, September 27, 2007
Let the job hunting begin!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'll I have to say is...good luck!
I recommend Texas. ;) Okay, maybe its not ideal for y'all, but we're having fun exploring it. :) Good luck.
Post a Comment