Saturday, October 27, 2007

Fun at the WSU apple orchard


We had a fun time today picking apples at the Washington State University apple orchard. Maybe a little too much fun! We came away with over 40 pounds in under a half-hour! I'm going to have to get out my cookbook and learn how to make applesauce, because there's no way we'll be able to eat 40 pounds before they start going bad.


You'll notice from the pictures that Evi has decided that baseball caps worn backwards just like Easton are the way to go. I think it's pretty cute that she wants to be like her brother so much. I'm glad she has an older brother -- I remember wishing I had one when I was little.

3 comments:

Janece Perkins said...

Hey Kristi and Fam!
What cute pics of the apple orchard. Way to be overachieving! That's so fun that you do so many fun family activities together...I suppose my family Target runs aren't quite the same caliber. Love you guys! Boston just saw the pics and was screaming "uncle Top!!" Makes me laugh. Love you!
Janece

esmiley said...

Great pics. Apple picking is one of my all-time favorite family activities. It looks like you guys had fun. Good luck using up all those apples! :o)

KMDuff said...

Applesauce is so simple, you can freeze it if you don't want to can it, just simmer it down!

Apple butter is another yummy use for the apples, and you can do that in the crockpot! :)

Mmmm...apples!