Monday, February 18, 2008

Be careful what you tell your kids...

So this actually happened about a week ago, but it was so funny, I felt I needed to document it so I wouldn't forget it.

We've been praying as a family for almost two years that we'd be able to have another baby, so the kids were aware of our situation. Since it took a while to happen, Evi would often ask me why I didn't have a baby in my tummy yet. I told her that sometimes it takes a while and that we had to try and be patient.

Last week when I went to pick Evi up from preschool, her teachers gave me this picture that she had drawn:


The teachers said they asked Evi what she had drawn, and she said that it was a picture of her dad and her mom with a baby in her belly. They asked her if her mommy really did have a baby in her belly, and Evi answered, "No, not yet. Mom and Dad say it takes a lot of effort." The teachers got a hoot out of it. It's a good thing I don't get embarassed too easily!

6 comments:

esmiley said...

Great story! :o) Definitely worth documenting.

Elisa said...

oh you guys that is just priceless! A story to tell many times down the line!

Christy {The Girl Who Ate Everything} said...

I just heard you are having twins and reading your blog and talking to Janece I guess everyone had the feeling you were going to have them too. Congrats!

Janece Perkins said...

So is the pic of you and Todd inside Your womb?!! That's what it looks like. I also love how Evi made you ginormous...how kind!

KMDuff said...

cool story. :) great pic. :) kids are so awesomely fun!

Original Kos said...

That is so adorable. My mom kept notebooks of pictures that I drew of her pregnant. I was always drawing pictures of Joslynn inside her stomach. I think they were fairly, anatomically correct.

Excited for your move. Best of luck. I hope the wards are really helpful.