Thursday, February 14, 2008

Who would've thought! Two for the price of one!


I've always been a girl with an eye for a deal, but this one trumps all the rest!


We've known for a couple weeks that we're expecting (yippee, yippee!!!!), but I didn't really want to make it "public" until after the first ultrasound so I could personally see that little heart beating. Tuesday afternoon was the big day. I was kind of nervous -- what if the doc couldn't find anything? What if he saw something wrong? Well he definitely saw something out of the ordinary. Instead of one heartbeat, he saw TWO!!!! WE'RE HAVING TWINS!!!!!!!


Never in my wildest dreams did I ever see myself as a mother of twins! There's just not a huge precedence for it on either my side or Todd's side. The only instances we could find were that Todd has great-uncles who were twins, and I had a great-great-great grandmother who had twins that didn't survive. So we're blaming the double dose of Clomid!!! It's definitely not genetic!


Okay, so I did have a sneaking suspicion that all was not normal. I had a dream a couple weeks ago that I was having twins. A boy and girl. But I chalked it up to those hormone-induced vivid dreams of pregnancy. Then my dad told me he had an impression that there would be two when he was out here for Christmas. He gave me a priesthood blessing that mentioned "children" as opposed to the singular form, right before I went in for the IUI. I thought it was peculiar when I first heard it, but figured it meant we'd need to do IUI again in a couple years to get #4 here. Then, Janece called me and said her grandma-in-law, Grandma Larson, wanted to know what the chances were that I'd have twins. Grandma Larson has the reputation for having an intuition for these kinds of things. So it's been fun to see how many people had an insight into this pregnancy, and to have all the suspicions comfirmed.


So the due date is early September, but twins usually come early, so probably late August if all goes well. We should be settled in our new place by then (probably Gilbert, AZ, but we're still waiting for that formal written offer). It'll be great to be close to Janece (I'm going to need a LOT of help!) and Mom and Dad are only a few hours drive away.


It's still pretty early into the pregnancy. The measurements from the ultrasound say I'm 9 weeks along. We need everyone's prayers that this pregancy will be smooth, and that we'll be able to bring both these little babies into the world. Please keep us in your prayers!


Here's an ultrasound picture. It's pretty fuzzy. You can click on the picture to get a bigger version. If you look closely, you can see baby #1 in between the two white crosses. The doc was measuring it from head to foot. Then, if you look up and to the right, you'll see baby #2. Still way too early to tell what the genders are, but if my dream was accurate, it's a boy and a girl. It'll be fun to see if that's true!


7 comments:

Angiegirl said...

Oh, Kristi, I'm so pleased for you guys. That's wonderful. We're expecting as well. I'm due the beginning of August, so not far from when you are. Aaron and I are excited. And so is Will. Finally a sibling. I found your blog a couple days ago via Kari and Cambria's. It's so fun to see what you guys have been up to.

esmiley said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so excited for you guys. Grace was almost a twin...(there were two very ready follicules). I'm terrified that I'm going to have twins with our next. Right now I'm on triple clomid (same amount I took when we got pregnant with Grace). But I think YOU'll be a great mother of twins!

Elisa said...

Oh Kristi and Todd, I can't tell you how happy that makes me! I'm so excited for you guys! I hope and pray everything goes well for you and your pregnancy. Two for the price of one has always sounded like a great idea to me, however a lot of work. I know my sister Emily would trilled to have twins since her pregnancies are so horrible. Congrats! And good luck!

Jodi said...

YAY!!! I'm so excited for you! I've been loving watching my brothers twins grow and develop (they are 3 months behind Timmy) So cute and fun. Praying that the pregnancy is wonderful and all goes well.

KMDuff said...

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm so happy for your good news! :) Wooohooo!!!! :) We'll pray for everything to go smoothly for you.

Original Kos said...

This so exciting. I can't believe you're having twins! I wonder if this will be a family trend.... Congratulations again.

Sasha had her baby last night. His name is Bareck.

Original Kos said...

Word is Bareck has dark, curly hair and one of his ears looks like my dad's elf ears. He was 6 lbs 8 oz. He sleeps like an angel.