Thursday, April 17, 2008

Girlie, girlie!

We're going to have twin girls! We found out this morning, and the girls were not very modest at all. Both of them gave the ultrasound tech spread-eagled legs, so I don't think either of them could have been hiding anything. I'm still surprised they weren't boy/girl twins like my dream, but I'm getting used to the idea of twin girls pretty fast. Now I have permission to be uber-girlie! Let the shopping begin! :)

Both Easton and Evi were with us at the appointment. Evi seems pretty excited; Easton was decidedly glum. He said he wanted at least one little brother. Poor guy. He's going to be very outnumbered! (I do feel like I'm doing his future wife a favor. He's going to have a lot of experience with girls! Just like my little brother, Rick, who's going to make some girl very happy!)

I feel like I can breathe a sigh of relief. They both looked healthy and strong, there weren't any extra limbs or anything important missing, and my OB said everything was looking great. For some reason, I've been a lot more edgy with this pregnancy than the other two. With the first two, nothing phased me -- I took it for granted that everything was going to turn out well. This one has been very different, maybe because we were trying to get preggers for so long, and then when we did, it was twins, which are always more high-risk than singletons. I'm going to be sleeping very well tonight!

We're still hammering out names. We have at least one girl name that we both agree on, but we have differing opinions on what the second one should be. We'll be sure to let everyone know when we've come to an agreement.


9 comments:

Angiegirl said...

Kristi, that's wonderful! It really seems to be the year of the girl. Looking forward to hearing what names you pick out.

Elisa said...

Kristi that's awesome!! I've been checking often to read the news! I too will be excited to hear names. Poor Easten is fairly out numbered but it is true, you're doing his future wife a great service.

Idaho Penningtons said...

That is so exciting!!! Tell Easton it isn't so bad - you never have to share a bedroom! Tell him to look at Derek he seems to be okay - he never has to share his dad on father and sons outings!

Original Kos said...

So exciting. Those little girlsies will be cuties, I am sure. Congratulations!

esmiley said...

Yeah! I checked earlier on Thursday and I guess you hadn't posted yet. So then I thought I had the wrong week...but I thought I should check again today and-- HOORAY for 2 girls!!! Kevin has 5 sisters and he has made the BEST husband. But I still feel for Easton. (And I can't believe he's already 6!)

Tansy said...

Congratulations Kristi! Twin girls are going to be so much fun. Think of all the cute matching clothes that you will be able to buy.

Jason and I are both excited for you guys.

KMDuff said...

Wow! Twin girls! Wow! That is going to be fun!

Christy {The Girl Who Ate Everything} said...

Kristi that's my dream. I'm so excited for you!

Jodi said...

Wow, year of the girl is right! I'm so happy for you. Let us know how everything is , having twins tends to be a little nerve racking according to my sister in law. Lots of love to all.