Olivia on the left, Kylie on the right. It looks like Kylie is a ton bigger in this pic, but it's just the angle. I'll try to post some more pics of them later on. I've been really bad about taking pictures, but my mom and sister have been taking lots of cute ones. I'll have to get some from them.
I still can’t believe I made it all the way till Wednesday. When the OB office called me to tell me they had made my appointment to be induced for Wednesday, I remember thinking there was no way I’d still be pregnant! We went in early Wednesday morning, and I thought they babies would be born around lunch. Nope. They stayed put until almost 7 that night! And when they were ready, they were ready! Olivia was born first at 7:24 weighing 5lbs. 14oz. and 19 inches long. Kylie was born 5 minutes later weighing 6 lbs. 11 oz. and 19 ½ inches long. Both came without a C-section, which I was so happy about! My OB said it was a text-book delivery and was very pleased with how everything turned out. I was just happy I had my epidural this time! It made things so much less stressful, and I could lay back and just enjoy the delivery.
We got back home yesterday afternoon. I decided trying to sleep in a hospital is not fun. Every time I got the girls fed and settled down, (which would take 2-3 hours sometimes) the nurses would come in not five minutes later and want to take the babies’ temperatures, so they’d be up again and I’d have to start all over. It was very frustrating! So I’m glad to be home and have my mom and sister here to take the babes while I nap. It’s amazing what a difference sleep can make!


11 comments:
Congrats!
Ahhh...they are so precious. I love all their dark hair. Cute, cute. You did good. So nice that you have your mom and sister there to help. I'm so happy for you. :)
Congratulations again! They're darling. I hope your mom and sister are staying for a while so you can get a lot of sleep. Is it possible to stock up on sleep?
Double Congrats!! So pleased that everything went well and you're three all safe and sound!
Hooray! I'm so happy things went well for you. The girls are darling and I love their names!
I'm so glad they have arrived! I also love the names and can't wait to see their personalities develop. Best of luck adjusting to caring for 2 babies at once :)
I am sooo excited for you guys!! Especially that you are no longer pregnant, although now the real work begins. I am glad everything went well and you and the babes are healthy. Are they fraternal or identical? I love all the hair they have, you can already put clips in!! When you feel up to it, make sure to post what it is like being the mom of twins. Good luck with everything and COngrats!!!! YEAH!
Congrats and Good luck! I'm sure this is going to be a very crazy time, but I think you guys will do great! It is amazing that they are so big and healthy for twins! No surgery, no extra days in the hospital, that's awesome! Hope the next weeks go well!
Yeah! Hooray! We are so excited for you and loved hearing Todd's mom's joy in letting Marc know! Avarie and Katelyn send hugs to you all too. Enjoy each second!
--- time will go by TWICE as fast...hee hee!
How exciting! I can't wait to see more pics of the girls. Congrats!
Congratulations! Yay! :)
Post a Comment