I didn't want anyone to think we had dropped off the face of the planet, so here's a quick post to let everyone know we're still here, though a little fuzzy-brained from lack of sleep. The girls are starting to show some leanings toward a schedule, much to my relief. And they're growing like crazy! Kylie has such chubby cheeks already, and Olivia is starting to get rounder in the face, too.
Some things I've learned over the past couple weeks:
1. You'll be amazed at how many things you can learn to pick up with your toes!
2. Trying to feed and burp two screaming infants at 3 am is no walk in the park.
3. Mondays really do stink. I'm always really sad to see Todd go back to work, 'cause that means it just me and the girls again, and it can be TOUGH!
4. Having your ward help you out is a must! Love having those dinners brought in!
5. Six weeks in the house feels like house-arrest. I can't wait till the girls are old enough to take out in public.
6. Snuggling with either of the girls feels so nice, especially since there's not always time to do it after all the feeding, burping, and diaper-changing. It's nice to know they really seem to like having Mom hold 'em and cuddle 'em. They just melt into you.
7. Formula is expensive!!! I'm starting to gauge the price of everything to a can of formula. (Wow, I could get two cans of formula for the price of that shirt, etc.)
Yeah, having two infants in the house is hard work, but there are times when I feel like bursting with gratitude for these two little bundles. Sorry there aren't any pictures this time. I'll try to be better at snapping shots of them.
Monday, September 29, 2008
Still surviving!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I remember dreading for Shen to go back to work on Mondays...I loved his help around the home with our babies. Now I can't wait to kick his hiney out of the house on Monday morning.
Thanks for the update and dont worry about not having any pics. We understand. Those babies are #1. How are brother and sister liking their new siblings?
My sister who had twins said the first year is like a blur! I think it is from sleep deprevation! Keep up the good work! Wish you were closer so we could love on those babies!!!
I would so love to come play nanny for you! I wonder how I'd talk Andy into that idea... :)
You are such an amazing mother, I hope all the sleep deprivation doesn't wear you out too much! Hang in there.
Hugs to all of you,
Teresa
I have some awesome boxed sets of t.v. shows that I used to watch around the clock, you're welcome to borrow them! It makes being up when the whole rest of the world is NOT, a little easier.
Glad things are going well!
You guys are amazing.
Question: Do any of our Thompson cousins have blogs? I know of Angie's, of Adam's, of Elisa's, and Aaron's, but does Emily have one or any of Larry's kids?
Koseli, if Larry's kids have a blog, I not privy to it. Ome of them should jump on that! It's a great way to keep the family updated.
Congrats on your new job!
Post a Comment