Saturday, September 20, 2008

Sisters with the same birthday

Most people assume that twins are little clones of each other. That's not the case with Olivia and Kylie! They're as different as can be, like sisters who happen to share the same birthday. Many of you have asked what their personalities are like, so while they're sleeping, I decided to type a few things down that I've noticed so far.

Olivia is the more serious of the two. She cries more and seems to be sensitive to sudden changes. She's very vocal when something's not the way she wants it. She doesn't like to burp or dirty her diaper, which makes her little tummy uncomfortable and makes it hard for us to get her to go to sleep. She's not that in to eating. She'll fall asleep during her nighttime feedings if you don't make sure to keep tickling her to wake her up. She's more alert than Kylie during the day. She loves to interact with people. She'll cry and cry, and only stop when I pick her up and hold her. I've never had a baby who loves to be held so much!

Kylie is more laid back. She can belch and toot like a grown man! She also spits up a lot more. I can't keep her in clean clothes! She takes eating very seriously. She could take or leave snuggling. She's happy just to be in the swing or bouncy seat and watch what's going on around her. She's more on a schedule than Olivia is. Every three hours, almost like clockwork, she's ready to nurse or take a bottle. She loves to sleep, too. I can put her in her crib while she's wide awake, and she'll put herself to sleep. It's wonderful!

So those are a few of the things I've picked up on so far. It's been fun to see how totally different they are, even from the moment they were born.

6 comments:

Elisa said...

How fun to hear about the little differences that occur so early! They are certainly not the same little person. I'm excited to see how different my next girl is than Mia.

Screwed Up Texan said...

Being a fraternal twin, by far the funniest question I get asked (and I get asked it a lot) is, "Are you and your twin brother identical?" My answer, "I sure hope not!"

I am sure you do or will get asked that question a bunch in the years to come. Although, I can understand with having twins of the same gender, LOL.

Thanks for all the pics of your babies--they sure are cuties! I'm jealous a little that you have girls (I don't), but I don't envy the sleep deprivation one bit!

You're such a great mommy!

PS: Keep your fingers crossed I find a job so I can do something more meaningful than compose novel length comments :)

esmiley said...

Thanks for the updates. The pictures and observations about their differences are wonderful. One day you'll really be grateful you took those minutes to verbablize that, even it did mean skipping a 15 minute power nap.

Good luck with sleep! I know I felt guilty about having Kevin take the first evening shift for awhile, since I could nap during the day. But my mom reminded me that I had just delivered a baby (and in your case two)...which is something that is VERY physically exhausting not to mention nursing. So you do need some extras rest for the first month or so just to recover from the delivery.

Original Kos said...

That is so much fun. I love to hear about the details.

Brynn said...

Love you Kristi! I'm sure you're doing a GREAT job with those new little ones!

Brynn

Kristin said...

what a fun post. Hope you get some rest. :)