Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Dr. Seuss' Inspiration

A short walk from the San Diego Zoo is a great succulent plant garden. It had all sorts of crazy-looking plants that look like they came right out of a Dr. Seuss book. Mom had heard that Dr. Seuss had lived in San Diego for a short while, so maybe he did get some ideas for his drawings from here. Todd took some pictures, and I think I'm going to have him use his mad Photoshopping skills to make some black and white pictures of these to hang as a series somewhere in the house.



6 comments:

Screwed Up Texan said...

Those plants are awesome! Chance any of those are monkey puzzle trees?

Idaho Penningtons said...

How warm you all look!!!

Elisa said...

Awesome updates! Cali looks like fun and much warmer than it is here! I've always wanted to go to the San Diego Zoo, I love a good Zoo!

esmiley said...

beautiful pictures, and I agree they do look a bit Dr. Seussish.

Just Only Me said...

We went into Pets are People, Too the other day and they hardly had any pets! No puppies, one kitten and a handful of bunnies. Sigh. Glad that you have a REAL zoo to visit! Those pictures are great, black and white will be awesome.

Teresa / Andy said...

you know - i've heard that about Dr. Seuss too! Andy's aunt lives in california (can't remember which city) and she is an artist. She told me that she is absolutely convinced that his character ideas came straight from those plants at the zoo!