Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy 30-something Birthday, Todd


We celebrated Todd's birthday while we were in San Diego. We spent most of the day at the San Diego Zoo (I'll post about that later) and came home and made him a yummy dinner of 2 different kinds of curry and a berry cobbler for dessert. I was so busy serving up the cobbler that I didn't take any pictures of him blowing out the candle. Oops.

Anyhoo, happy birthday to my amazing, handsome, loyal, faithful, smart, thoughtful hubby. It's been an eventful year for him, and here are my favorite highlights.

* He graduated at the top of his class with his masters in architecture this past spring. Yippee! We're done with school!

* He put up with all my moaning and groaning during the twin pregnancy, and pretended like he wasn't annoyed. In fact, he went out of his way to make sure he could help me out whenever possible.

* He was always willing and worthy to give me priesthood blessings when my fears got the better of me and I started imagining my baby girls being born and needing intensive care.

* He was right there with me through those first HARD months home with the girls. It was awesome to come through that with him and see how much closer it brought us. We can do anything together!

* He gets up at night with the twins. Enough said.

7 comments:

ashley said...

happy birthday todd!! hope you guys are doing great!!

Idaho Penningtons said...

He is a great guy!!! Happy Birthday!

Screwed Up Texan said...

I especially like the last highlight :) My husband did the same for me.

Happy Birthday Todd! (Funny you mention "the" candle...although I can see how it would be hard to put 30-something candles on cobbler.)

Brynn said...

Livi looks a lot like her older siblings in this picture... Did Todd decide to stop counting his age already?

Brynn said...

Livi looks a lot like her older siblings in this picture... Did Todd decide to stop counting his age already?

rexburgskinners said...

Happy Birthday. You don't look a day over 29. What a super dad/husband!

Teresa / Andy said...

Todd! Happy Birthday!! Was good to talk to you for a bit today - although you forgot to mention this important event :)

Kristi - Sounds like you put on a good birthday (fabulous dinner and all)!
It's so fun to keep in touch like this. You should know that our snow is being rained away this week so driving isn't a complete nightmare! But, I'm still thinking I'll need to vacation down there next winter :)