Sunday, June 21, 2009

Long ago in a galaxy far, far away...

We've been having movie nights for that past couple of months on Friday or Saturday nights. The kids love getting me and Todd to sit down with them for extended periods of time, and the ice cream or other treat is a big bonus, too.

The favorite so far has been Star Wars. We've watched the three original, and the first two new ones. I'm making them wait till they're older to see the third one. I think it's a little too dark and scary for them. Heck, it was too dark and scary for me! I saw it in the theatre and haven't watched it since. It makes me too sad.

Easton and Evi have been reenacting their favorite scenes, and have some lines memorized already. They've inherited their dad's knack for quoting movies. This has also translated into daily light sabre squirmishes in my front room, complete with sound effects. Very entertaining to watch!

3 comments:

Screwed Up Texan said...

I found glosticks at Micheals for $1 for a pack of 15. The boys had fun camping and sword fighting with them. Great entertainment when stuck inside a tent with nothing else to do.

Love Star Wars. I dont remember much of the last one...now I want to go see it.

KMDuff said...

Oh I so agree about the 3rd one, I don't want to see it again but my boys LOVE Star Wars. :)

Just Only Me said...

So, they're not REALLY Easton and Evi...they're LUKE and LEIA! They look like cute padiwans.