We just got back from our trip up to Rexburg. What a fun time! And the weather was gorgeous. Not at all like the 110 degrees we came back too. Blah!
Everytime we go back to Rexburg, I like to take a walk in the arboreteum. Todd and I had our wedding reception there nine years ago.
What a magical night that was! The gardens were perfect, the weather was perfect, it was everything I could have hoped it would be. The gardens have changed over nine years, but the important things are still there, like the big willow trees where this picture was taken.
Some things have changed. This English garden was put in sometime in the last couple years. And they now have a beautiful bricked reception area. I guess our idea of having a wedding reception in the garden caught on.

I just love all the different shades of green. I've missed the green. All I get is different shades of brown down here.

And the flowers! I couldn't stop taking pictures of all the flowers!

I always get a little sentimental when I walk through those gardens. It was nice to be able to do it so close to our anniversary this year.
He we are at our reception nine years ago, and here we are today. Nine wonderful years!






3 comments:
Wonderful! So glad y'all had a great time and were able to visit the gardens while in Rexburg.
My favorite memory of the garden had to do with an autumn late afternoon while my roommates and I climbed the big apple tree and shook the apples out of the branches. We then took the apples home and made apple pies, apple tart, apple crisp, apple everything. Yes, we ignored the big sign that said: Don't Pick the Apples or something to that effect.
Good times.
I totally remember your reception because it was so much fun! I loved watching the adults on the dance floor (Aunt Elieen and Uncle Maurice put on a great show). Happy anniversary!
Congrats! And your reception was perfect!
Post a Comment