Thursday, July 9, 2009

Splashin' in Rexburg

The kids love going to Porter Park whenever we visit Rexburg during the summer. The city put in a splash park a couple years ago and restored a turn-of-the-century carousel. It's the perfect place to take the kids!





Olivia was watching the action a little too closely and got a faceful of water. She wasn't too pleased.

Grandma was able to coax the smiles back in record time.

Our little desert rats got cold pretty quickly. The high was 85 degrees that day. That's early spring temps for us.

Evi was really excited to pick out a horse to ride on the carousel.

Even Grandma and Grandpa got in on the action.

Easton thought Uncle Mark was the coolest (probably because he let him play with all his old legos and toy swords) and wanted to sit next to him on the ride.

Whitney and I opted for a stationary bench rather than a jumping horse. The twins were wiggly enough without one.

Easton and Evi convinced Grandma that cotton candy was a great idea after all the twirling. Fun memories!

5 comments:

Kristin said...

Sammy mentioned she saw you in Rexburg. She told all the girls hello from you (It was one of our YW Announcements last week). :) Your little family is so cute.

Screwed Up Texan said...

Glad y'all had fun! Too bad that splash park wasn't there when I went to college b/c I probably would have hijacked it. Wait. Probably not. I remember those 85 degree days and would too have gotten cold.

KMDuff said...

Ugh! Antibiotics on a roadtrip! Plus the spare tire and all... you are so sunny about it! Sounds like a blast!

LOVE the Hoover Dam but opposed to the new bridge. Too straight and skips all the fun.

Brynn said...

Looks like a fun time! I'm glad the girls were good for you.

Just Only Me said...

They didn't have this when I went to college there! How fun to beat the heat!