Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I've been a good mom today

It's spring break. That means all four kids at home. Which means we've been to the park two days in a row. That's a record! Usually the park is nerve-wracking for me because with two toddlers, I'm worried one will run for the street while the other is busy falling off the playground equipment. But the twins are getting better and better about staying close to me, so I've found myself enjoying our time outside instead of dreading it.
Today I was a good mom because I didn't hover over the babies, worried that they'd fall and hurt themselves. Instead I let them explore and have fun.



Today I was a good mom because I remembered to take pictures of Easton and Evi instead of just snapping photos of the twins. My older kids don't get enough shutter time. Hopefully they won't have complexes about it when they're older.



Today I was a good mom because I let the twins run out in the grass instead of insisting on them staying on the playground. I convinced myself that I could catch them before they made it to the road. And I did. There were no babies flattened in the middle of the street.




Today I was a good mom because I let Livy pick the flowers.



Today I was a good mom because I let the twins play in the puddles, and I didn't get bent out of shape when they later sat in the puddles and soaked their dresses. That's what washing machines are for, right?




Today I was a good mom because I called it quits right before everyone got burnt out, and we rode home and had a good lunch.


Pep-talks always make me feel better. :)

5 comments:

Screwed Up Texan said...

I LOVE that first photo and I am so jealous of y'all's green grass (currently mine is blue because my husband thought he'd dye the weedkiller so he'd know where he sprayed).

Angiegirl said...

I love the pep talk. We all need to be reminded we're doing a better job than we think we are. Motherguilt can kill ya.

ashley said...

you are a good mom!!! way to go! looked you guys had a great time!

KMDuff said...

Today you were a good mom because you showered your kids with love. :)

simplyspaulding said...

This was so funny. I think Heavenly Father knew I needed to loosen up--so he sent me 4 active boys. Love the little pep talk. :)