Monday, April 26, 2010

The Big 8

I think I must have a slight case of social anxiety, or at least a birthday party anxiety. I'm not sure where the phobia stems from. I don't remember having a really horrible experience relating to birthdays. Anyway, I've successfully avoided throwing a birthday party for my kids that involved more than one or two friends until this year. Todd and I told the kids that they could have big "Friend Birthdays" on their 8th, 12th, and 16th birthdays.

Easton turned eight on the 16th. Which meant he had a "Friend Birthday". Which meant that I chickened out, and instead of having 10 kids at my house going crazy, I rented out Bounce U so I could have 10 kids going crazy somewhere where I didn't have to clean up the mess or stress that Easton's guests weren't having any fun. Best money I ever spent. So stress free! The kids were sweaty and tired and happy by the time we were finished bouncing and sitting down for cake and presents.


Since not all 15 kids that were invited showed up, there were some extra slots available, and I didn't have to do much convincing to get Todd to join in the fun. I think the big slide was a crowd favorite. Todd and Easton had fun racing down it.

Easton requested and Arizona Cardinals birthday cake. Tall order! I was a little nervous that I wouldn't be able to deliver, but I think it turned out pretty good other than the cardinal being more pink than red. Thankfully the other little boys didn't seem to notice.

So I successfully survived our first big birthday party. It was worth it. Just look at that happy kid!

Happy 8th birthday, Easton! We sure love you!

2 comments:

Whitney Thompson said...

What a handsome little fellow! I can't believe he is 8 years old!

Tim, Jennie, Paisley, Claire and Moose said...

I really can't believe that eight years have gone by. He is so grown up. Ellie's little Afton turns eight this year too. I feel old