Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Easter Egg Hunt

I let my hair down this year and let the kids dye easter eggs. It's really not my favorite activity with all the mess, and then you have to find ways to eat all those hard-boiled eggs. The kids loved it, so I don't think we'll be able to skip it from now on. Darn. I really am a stick-in-the-mud when it comes to holiday traditions. Good thing I have Todd to make up for where I lack.

Todd hid the eggs in the backyard the next day in between General Conference sessions. He must have done a really good job because it took the kids over 10 minutes to find them all.



I think the twins' favorite part was getting their very own baskets full of jelly beans. You should have seen how fast they got shoved into mouths!

2 comments:

Screwed Up Texan said...

My husband likes to make pickled eggs with the hardboiled eggs. He puts them into a large jar, fills it with pickle juice or vinegar, Tabasco or Louisiana sauce, mustard, garlic, and a few mystery ingredients. He then covers it and sticks it in the fridge for five to seven days. He and the kids can't get enough.

I'd rather have egg salad, tunafish sandwiches with eggs and deviled eggs myself.

Kristin said...

Fun pics...loved your classic Easter photos! :) How's your garden doing? The weather is warm there I'm sure. We have not even planted yet.