Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

We had a great Thanksgiving this year. My parents came over from San Diego, and my little brother flew down from BYU. It was fun to just hang out and play the Wii. It's been so nice to be close to family after being so hard to get to up in nothern Idaho.



My sister Janece's dog, Hercules, LOVES the twins. This time we actually let him get near instead of automatically throwing him outside. It was adorable! He wouldn't stop licking them and wanted to lay right next to Olivia whenever she was on the floor.


Olivia is starting to become quite the flirt. She was practicing her charms on her Uncle Scott, and I think they worked. It's hard not to want to pick her up and squeeze her when she smiles at you.


The girls got to spend all day Friday shopping while the boys watched the kids. Saturday was the boys' day. They went out in the desert and shot clay pigeons. I think they had 4 or 5 different guns to play with. Boston got to go along and had a great time. Easton got to stay home (I know, I know, I'm so mean! But I was having all sorts of nightmares about him getting shot out there!)



The cousins had a fun time on Saturday playing in their own band in our backyard. I'm sure my neighbors were wondering what was going on -- it was LOUD! Charli was singing Christmas songs at the top of her lungs while everyone else was banging on my old flower pots with wooden sticks. It kept them entertained for a good hour.



This week we've been recuperating from all the fun. So we're a little behind on Christmas decorations. We usually pull the boxes out the day after Thanksgiving, but this year we didn't get around to it until a couple days later. The kids are really into Christmas this year. I think they're old enough now to know that Christmas equals lots of presents. It's been fun for me to watch them write letters to Santa and answer all their questions about him. It's also funny to note that my kids are wearing shorts and t-shirts in this photo. It still gets into the mid-70s during the day. I'm having a hard time getting into the Christmas spirit because it still feels like summer!

5 comments:

Idaho Penningtons said...

It is so wierd to see a picture of your back yard - with no grass! If you were here - it is winter - the weather tells us so!

Screwed Up Texan said...

I totally know what you mean by the weather. However, I dont think it is as warm here and it is where you are. Today, it got to 70 and then the wind picked up and it got cold again (60 is cold to me), but it is supposed to get into the 30s tonight. I dont mind it though. I would rather have warm weather than cold weather (True Texan Over Here).

We got our Christmas tree up Sunday night and the kids keep sneaking downstairs in the middle of the night to turn the lights on. I think we've gotten up every morning to find the lights mysteriously turned on...

Thanks for the update!

Screwed Up Texan said...

Wow...I just took a second look at your backyard and just realized it is all rock. So different. Hey, but at least you dont have to mow it! Another thing to be grateful for...(we just did a final mow until March for our grass this last weekend).

Natalie said...

So I have this fantastic memory of getting a bike for Christmas and then running right outside in the 70 degree weather to ride it in shorts and a tee shirt. Christmas in AZ is SO WEIRD. Especially after being in Moscow... and especially ESPECIALLY after LAST winter in Moscow!

Teresa / Andy said...

I LOVE the impromptu band performance! Your kids are so creative :)