Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Driving to San Diego

Car trips can seem a little long in our family.

Four kids. Two adults. One van. For six hours.
Thank heavens for portable DVD players. We'll have to get another one when the twins are old enough to notice they're being left out.

Todd does his best to block out the constant questions, like, "Are we still in Arizona?" and "How much longer?" and "Is it lunch time yet?"

Livy entertains herself by sucking her thumb and seeing how many times she can get one of her parents to pick her stuffed froggy off the floor. (I think she topped out at around 30 times. We're such suckers.)

Kylie entertains herself by sucking her palm and seeing how many times she can get her parents to laugh at her attempts to talk. What a mush-mouth she is!

I entertain myself playing with my camera and trying to get a decent self-portrait.

I really was happy in this shot. Todd had just come up with a "game" to bring the noise level down. The kids started off with a dollar. Each time they opened their mouth, he took ten cents away. Sweet bliss! I think they each ended up with fifty cents by the time we pulled into La Jolla. I married a smart man!

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Screwed Up Texan said...

Love all the photos you've been posting! I love the thumbs up sign photo too! You're right, DVD players are a modern day miracle.

Elisa said...

Yeah for getting out of town!! Yeah for family coming for Christmas!! And Yeah for a new camera and great pictures! Looks like the trip was fun. And, I love seeing a picture of Gene and Philly every once and a blue moon! It's been way too long since I saw them!

Jodi said...

Wow! I'm in Oceanside with my family RIGHT NOW! Are you still here in San Diego? How cool would it be if we could do a beach day together! You guys are awesome.