Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Point Loma Tidepools

Dad took us to Point Loma at low tide so the kids could explore the tidepools. It was a pretty steep climb down and was slippery in some places, so I was glad we had decided to leave the twins at home with Grammy to take their naps. It also gave me more freedom to explore and take pictures. I've always been fascinated with marine biology and at one point considered getting a degree in it, but BYU Provo is sadly land-locked and didn't offer much of a program.

The views were gorgeous!




Poppy (my dad), Evi, Todd, and Easton



One of the many cool rock formations.

I'm not sure what Brynn was pointing to in this picture, but the kids were really interested!



Janece loves the outdoors. Can't you tell?

The green and red seaweed was so pretty!

The rocks were neato, too!

I had fun playing with my camera settings. This was on a horizontal wall covered in seaweed.

One of three sea stars we saw. The camera didn't capture it well, but this one had bright blue spots with vivid orange centers. Really pretty!

One of those rare couple shots. We need to do more of these.

It was a fun place! I hope to go back again next time we visit.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Screwed Up Texan said...

And just another reason why I am jealous of my friend, Joy, who is from there. We have jelly fish though, lol!

rexburgskinners said...

Marc and I went to Pt.Loma in Novemeber. I loved it too. Glad you were able to get away to help with those mid winter blues. Do you get those in Arizona, where the sun always shines?

Jodi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
esmiley said...

I love that couple picture of you guys. Believe it or not it reminds me a LOT of a picture I have of you two from your bridal shower! You both look fabulous and just as much (if not more) in love!