Monday, January 25, 2010

Happy 6th birthday, Evi!

Evi turned six this past weekend. I can't believe how old my little girl is getting!
This year she requested a purple cake. I decided it was time to learn how to do a fondant frosting. Found an easy recipe online, and it turned out great!



Six reasons we're so happy to have Evi in our family (although there are definitely MORE than just six reasons!):
  1. She such a good helper to her mommy! She's always running for diapers and other odds and ends that Mom sends her for.
  2. She loves to give hugs! Todd is practically tackled when he walks in the door from work.
  3. She's not afraid to be herself. We took her out to eat for her special day and she wore white leggings, a pink ruffle skirt, a turquoise shirt, and her brown boots. It was very colorful!
  4. She's very outgoing. It doesn't take her long to warm up to new people and start talking their ears off.
  5. She wants to do what's right. She tries hard and gets sad when she know she's made a bad choice.
  6. She's a great sister, both to her older brother and her younger sisters.
WE LOVE YOU EVI! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

rexburgskinners said...

Happy Birthday Evi. from your preschool friend Trey!

Teresa / Andy said...

A very happy birthday to Evi! You've sure grown up since I saw you :)

Kristin said...

That cake is awesome Kristi!! I made Cole's chocolate b-day cake this past weekend and it was pretty pathetic looking. I need more practice with round cakes, I guess. :) Happy b-day to Evi.

Just Only Me said...

Happy Birthday! I remember you at Carter's age. You look so darling and all grown up.

(way to go Kristi--I can't WAIT to learn how to do fondant and make cute cakes like you!! Can you teach me?) :)

Screwed Up Texan said...

First, the cake photos are adorable! I think I have one of your birthday photos with you nearly looking the same.

KMDuff said...

What a cute cake! Way to go!