Sunday, May 24, 2009

How to give yourself a heart attack


Bring in a box of books that have been sitting in your garage for almost a year. Start unloading the books onto your new bookshelf. Scream bloody murder when you reach in for a book and see THAT scurrying around the bottom of the box.
*Disclaimer*
I keep a clean house. Maybe not as clean as I did pre-twins, but definitely clean enough not to lure hungry bugs into my house. Down here, the roaches aren't looking for food, they're looking for a cooler place than the 100+ degree weather outside. Add to that the 3 vacant foreclosed houses on our block that are probably breeding these little suckers, and you have a perfect recipe for a really bad year of roaches. Shudder.

1 comment:

Screwed Up Texan said...

Ah roaches are normal things for me...unless there is an infestation I dont give them a second blink. I guess that is b/c I live here in Texas and they live everywhere. I usually find at least a handful every year in my home. But then again, you can go outside and find them climbing in trees at the parks. People will swear up and down and every whichaway that they dont have them, but that is b/c they have special eyes that dont let them see them. Either that or they call them "waterbugs" which isnt anything different than an adult cockroach. lol

Now here is something that is really freaky...going to a parking lot that has been black topped (asphalted) in the middle of summer in the middle of the night. But then after looking around, you discover that the parking lot isnt actually black topped, it's just covered in millions of big black crickets.