Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mmmm, mmmm, good!


For those of you who were curious, I cracked open a jar of the chicken that I pressure canned a couple weeks ago, and used it in a chicken pot pie. It was sooo yummy! Very tender, and dare I say it, moist ("moist" has to be my least favorite word on the planet, right up there with "flesh". But sometimes there's no other way to say what needs to be said).
The best part: none of us came down with botulism.
Next on the canning list: beef (waiting for a sale) and pinto beans.

2 comments:

Screwed Up Texan said...

Try hispanic grocers for low cost beef. We've always been able to get low cost beef at the tex-mex marts. :)

I wish I had a pressure canner! So far I can only can fruits b/c I havnt been able to find a pressure canner in my price range. Glad your chicken turned out great and full of flavor!

Angiegirl said...

So glad the chicken turned out well! I had to laugh over your aversion to the word "moist." A friend of mine can't stand that word or the word "ointment." Lol.